Friday, May 4, 2012

My custom Lagoona Blue

In some ways Lagoona's my favorite character, but I've never quite been satisfied with the dolls.  In general they don't look as sweet as I see her being but worse still the two I've gotten have had very greasy hair that just didn't seem right at all.

I've had a custom Lagoona in my head for a while now. I've only done one Lagoona custom and she didn't want to be the one I had in my heart set on. So when a Skull Shores Lagoona appeared at Target I snatched her up. I wanted a really soft sweet face with closed eyes so I just used pastels and pencils and didn't use any paint at all.  I'd been looking for blond mohair for a while but hadn't found the golden sand I was looking for.  My cats came to the rescue aka partially destroyed one of my bjd wigs and I managed to salvage some of the mohair for my Lagoona.  I blended in a bit of blue mohair too although I'm not sure it's visible in these pics. I'm really happy with how she turned out!

No comments:

Post a Comment